Confucius Institute Scholarship
Confucius Institute Scholarship
Eligible applicant: Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (10) , General Study of Chinese Language (30)
Scholarship: includes tuition, living allowance, accommodation and health insurance.
Living allowance: 3000 RMB/month for Masters and 2500 RMB/month for language students.
For more information, please visit: http://cis.chinese.cn.
1. The scholarship will be reviewed by Confucius Institute every year.
2. All the scholarships are only provided to the incoming freshman.
3. For more details, please contact the admission office.
Confucius Institute Headquarters launches a “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program to sponsor foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese in Central China Normal University.
2016 Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Procedure
I. Category & Eligibility
Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition, (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45. Undergraduate student shall not exceed the age limit of 20).
1. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL) Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 4 academic years. Applicant should hold a high school diploma or above, a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level).
2. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 2 academic years. Applicant should own a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 50 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Applicant who is able to provide the employment agreement or certification upon finishing the study from designated working institutions is preferred.
3. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should hold a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A) , and a minimum score of 180 BCT (Speaking).
4. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, but have a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should have a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking).
II. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
Living allowance is granted by the host institutions on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are:
* BTCSOL, One-Academic-Year Study, One-Semester Study: RMB2,500 per month
* MTCSOL: RMB3,000 per month
III. Application Procedure
1. Please log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
2. Send the application documents to office 204, College of International Cultural Exchange，CCNU before May 20, 2016.
IV. Application Documents
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
2. Score reports of the HSK, HSKK or BCT, BCT (Speaking). Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions may submit the award certificate and the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate”.
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for.)
4. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript.（For degree program applicants）
5. Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors.
6. Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form
V. Contact Information
Office 204, College of International Cultural Exchange, Central China Normal University
Luoyu Avenue 152, Wuhan, Hubei, China
More highlights & notices
- President of American Bethel College Prof. Bright Visited Our University
- High Energy Physics Annual Symposium Held in CCNU
- Agreement on Joint Education Program Signed between CCNU and CSU
- CCNU Delegation Visits Universities in Australia and New Zealand
- Prof. Shi Shusu Makes Impressive Progress in Experimental Research on Relativistic Heavy-Ion Collisions Collective Motion